HAVE YOU GONE OUTSIDE TODAY?!
Spending time in nature is one of the most undervalued, underutilized and overlooked therapies in the WORLD! Anytime I am feeling stressed or anxious or overwhelmed, I unplug from technology and I take a walk. Most recently, I have been going on walks with my mom frequently and these walks are the most fulfilling part of my day!
Here are some other mind blowing benefits and statistics on the POWER OF NATURE:
· The average American spends 95% of his time indoors!
· We’re becoming a screen-oriented society and this has lead to overwhelming increased in depression, anxiety, and suicide.
· There’s a reason why meditation centers are in nature!
· Nature teaches us how to balance and find steadiness & equanimity in our lives.
· We are of the earth. We are not separate from the earth.
· We are the earth. We return to the earth.
· Love compassion joy and equanimity are accessible and arise quite freely out in nature.
· The most important thing to DO is to BE. And all of the self improvement we do often robs us of being. Nature gives that back.
When we are around others, many of us find ourselves comparing, self-judging, but out in nature, that melts away. It’s just us and nature. No criticizing . We are more accepted. We feel accepted in nature! There is a sense of gracious we experience out in nature. An invitation. It is at it is, nature is. And then something inside of us relaxes. We’re not trying to prove ourselves to the oak tree. We’re not trying to look good for the rocks. We’re not trying to be special or intelligent for the lake. We’re just being. Being ness brings out our own beingness. Presence brings out our own presence.