- Place a dumbbell on the floor in front of you, making sure you have enough open space to walk. If you can’t reach the floor safely without rounding and twisting your back, elevate the weight off the floor. (When doing this as a competition, start side by side with your partner and make sure there’s enough room for both of you.)
- Squat down keeping your back flat. Be sure to grasp the weight with a neutral grip. Keep your body square as much as possible. Stand back up by extending at the hips and knees; this will be your starting position.
- Keeping the weight at your side and maintaining a body position that doesn’t favor one side, walk forward as far as you can; if necessary turn around and return the other way. Try to beat your partner for both distance and time.
- Descend into a squat to lower the weight back to the floor.
- Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
See video here.