- Grab a dumbbell/kettlebell and either sit on a military press bench or a utility bench that has a back support on it as you place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs or stand up straight (depending on what is prescribed).
- Clean the dumbbell up to bring it to shoulder height. The other hand can be kept fully extended to the side, by the waist or grabbing a fixed surface.
- Rotate the wrist so that the palm of your hand is facing forward. This is your starting position.
- As you exhale, push the dumbbell up until your arm is fully extended.
- After a second pause, slowly come down back to the starting position as you inhale.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then switch arms.
See video here.