- Begin in a standing position with a dumbbell in each hand. Clean the dumbbells to shoulder height utilizing a jumping motion and shoulder rotation. Your palms should be facing each other and the elbows pointed forward. Look directly forward, keep your chest up, and place your feet about shoulder-width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Initiate the movement with a squat, flexing the knees and hips to lower your body. Descend as far as flexibility allows, maintaining good posture in the spine, hips, and knees.
- Pause for a brief moment at the bottom of the squat before returning to a standing position by extending the hips and knees.
- After fully rising to a standing position, press the weights overhead by extending the elbows and flexing at the shoulder.
- Return the weights to the shoulder before repeating the entire movement for additional repetitions.
See video here.