- Stand up with your torso upright and a dumbbell on each hand being held at arms length. The elbows should be close to the torso.
- The palms of the hands should be facing your torso. Your feet should be about shoulder width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your arms straight and the torso stationary, lift the weights out to your sides until they are about shoulder level height while exhaling.
- Feel the contraction for a second and begin to lower the weights back down to the starting position while inhaling. Tip: Keep the palms facing down with the little finger slightly higher while lifting and lowering the weights as it will concentrate the stress on your shoulders mainly.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
See video here.